Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blech

I am a disgusting ball of immune responses. I have my third bad cold since getting pregnant (had a stomach virus too, just for variety), and this one I got from Liftoff Guy. Thanks, LG! He sounds like he has bronchitis but I'm hoping to avoid that myself.

Yesterday we had horrible snow, very heavy, that lasted all day. It wasn't so bad in the morning, but I felt terrible and when I looked at the forecast and contemplated getting to work, feeling really ill, then having to negotiate 9 or so inches of snow in order to get home, all I could think was, "It's a trap!" So I wimped out and canceled classes. LG headed out anyway but his afternoon lab was canceled too when they decided to shut down campus at 4pm. He said I was "wise" not to go in... but this means I have to go in today to finish a report. The good news is that there's no snow today.

So - head to the vet and pharmacy today for meds for Liftoff Cat, go to physical therapy, drive out to campus and do that report, drive to a downtown hotel to pick up a job candidate for our department, take her to the local tapas restaurant with a couple of other faculty members and....go home and sleep?

Right now watching "A Baby Story" and then into the shower. But still so sick... Bleh.

No comments: