Friday, February 29, 2008

Hello Little Boy?

On Saturday night, and again on Sunday night during the Oscars, Liftoff Boy started thumping me with some pretty impressive strength. It felt just like someone touching my abdomen from the outside, poking it with a finger or something. When I put my hand down, I could feel the poking. He mostly has been doing it at night, but last night I couldn't feel much of anything and as of this morning, I've begun to fret. Now, yesterday during the day I felt movement from time to time, just not the feelable pokiness. But I miss the feelable pokiness. It's cool. And now I find myself puting my hands on my belly and moving it a bit, trying to wake him up so he'll play.

I need to stop worrying. He is very small and I'll only feel the pokiness if he decides to kick or push particular spots. He could be giving himself a very elaborate face rub or be doing jungle gym stuff with the umbilical cord and I wouldn't know. But I'd like him to move so I can feel him again. I'm only 22 1/2 weeks and a lot of women feel nothing at all at this point... But come on, Kiddo. Show me what you're up to.

No comments: