Thursday, February 7, 2008

Not my favorite day....

Today has been a bit strange.

It started off interestingly...I woke up having dreamed about what "really" happened in the Garden of Eden. In my dream, God created Adam and Eve as a diversion. They were basically toys and they weren't "real". When the snake (Satan) got them to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he was playing a trick against God. This made them "real," not toys, and God was responsible for their souls after this. He didn't want to be. It was like having a set of Legos and then something happens and they come to life and you're responsible for feeding them, giving them shelter, etc. And they don't really die! In the dream it was clear that this "realness" was passed down to all of humanity, so God was tricked into this huge responsibility that he never really planned. And as I was waking up, it made it a bit clearer that inefficiencies in the human body existed because we were never meant to last - we were just playthings that came to life.

Weirdness. I woke up feeling like I'd been told something very significant. This is what I get for teaching the Gnostic gospels to class on Monday.

Today I felt sicker. I ran around getting medicine for Liftoff Cat and because of residual snow it took much longer than I planned and I ended up having to reschedule my physical therapy appointment. I called the doctor on the drive home (well, the nurse), described my symptoms today and they got me on another prescription for antibiotics because I seem to be getting another sinus infection. Liftoff Guy is still sick - I think he has bronchitis.

This afternoon was working on stuff for work, and the evening was dinner with a job candidate. Things were hunky-dory until my drive home when my brother called. Apparently Dad, who also had a lot of chest congestion, had a doctor's appointment today and his doc decided he probably had pneumonia and had him go to the emergency room. Dad went there just as my brother called him and didn't properly hang up his cell phone. This meant my brother listened to Dad getting a Tylenol for his fever and an IV put in... But when I called the hospital they said he hadn't been admitted and was still in the emergency room. Right now I don't know what's going on.

But today has been too much. I hope Dad's okay.

No comments: