Wednesday, February 20, 2008

little anxieties

I've had two nights sleeping without any kind of cold medication - and last night I woke up at 1:30am in full drool all over my pillow and my blanket. Yuck! And after attending a senior capstone class and discussing sex and archaeology for three hours then coming home and watching election results, I found that my dreams were full of students and debate and drama.

Bad dream about Liftoff Guy writing to the physics department in an e-mail about how anthropology was useless as a discipline and then spending too much time with another one of the lab instructors (female). In the dream LG was a lot like Evil Ex, just really mean. Evil Ex was someone I was in a very long term relationship with, but who ended up cheating and being emotionally abusive while I held on out of a misguided sense of loyalty I had picked up from my mom. I had to hide most of the bad stuff from friends and family and it was really traumatic so sometimes those feelings will rear up in dreams...

Weather here is bad and dangerous again. It's sunny, but very very cold and the roads are icy and they keep showing horrible traffic on tv. Scary stuff. I'm worried about getting out of here.

Finally, I've begun reading about colic, even though Liftoff Boy won't be emerging for another 4 months or so. And this is making me anxious. Maybe he won't be colicky - but I want to be prepared and be able to handle it if he is. I'm borrowing worries again...

No comments: