Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baby sleep


I am not a co-sleeping type. I am one of those weird people who, despite being affectionate and lovey-dovey in waking life, cannot sleep with anyone touching me. I've never fallen asleep in a lover's arms and even feeling Liftoff Guy's foot against mine in the night is enough to get me to pull away.

This works because we have a giant king size bed and so there's plenty of space. But I can't sleep if someone (even a cat) is touching me. It's weird, I know.

So, when I hear of blissful arrangements where everyone, Dad, Mom, and Baby, are all in bed together in happy slumber and Mom just pulls Baby over to nurse when Baby starts to fuss, I respond with trepidation. If I can't sleep while barely touching my husband, I certainly could not drift off with a baby making physical contact with me. I don't have a problem with a baby sleeping in my arms, for a while, but the whole sleeping thing just wouldn't happen.

So, we are getting a crib. My mom gave me her credit card info and after exploring my registry, checking out prices, looking for similar/the same crib at other sources, we have decided! And so the picture above is of the convertible crib we're getting (it's going to be on the way next week or the week after). It'll be a crib for Liftoff Boy, then a toddler bed, then a grown-up bed and it matches all the oak in the bedroom and should be really nice.

No comments: