Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Copacetic

Today's OB-Gyn appointment went fine. I've only gained a pound since two weeks ago (better than the shock of gaining 11 in 5 weeks then 5 in two weeks!). Apparently I decided to explode weight-wise (or Liftoff Boy did), but that seems to have stabilized. Seriously, nothing like gaining 16 pounds in two months.

Blood pressure today was nice and normal, down from last time. I saw my doctor in her secondary office and she seemed a lot less rushed than normal and so we got to chat quite a bit about going for tenure while pregnant, my decision not to take any official maternity leave (I'm giving birth during summer vacation, so this works), and general stuff. I learned that my current situation of...um...not being constipated at ALL...is actually okay and normal, and that the stabby pains I've had where my left leg meets my groin are yet another lovely variety of round ligament pain. LB's heartbeat was around 145, which is very nice, and he's still head down.

The only slightly "hmmm..." thing, and it's very minor, is that my fundus (uterus height) is 32 cm, which is where it usually would be at 32 weeks, and I'm only at 30 weeks. This may indicate that LB is a big boy, so the doc wants to do another ultrasound at 34 weeks to check his weight.

We had a nice cuddly moment this morning where Liftoff Guy kind of spooned me before we got up, and put his hands on my belly, and LB kicked for him a couple of times. But then I had to run to the bathroom (natch) so the moment couldn't last. Still, it was very nice.

No comments: